Thursday 11 February 2016

Jane Austen Inspired Valentine Card using Gecko gals Digital Stamps and Ephemera

This is my absolute favourite project so far this month. The soft colours and imagery are so me. The lovely girl in the stamp caught my attention because she reminds me so much of Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. I don't think you would be shocked to know that it is my all time favourite movie. The first time I saw the movie (the A&E version with Collin Firth) was somewhere around 16 years ago. It was playing on A&E at some ridiculously late hour and they were in fact playing it like a true mini series. I ended up missing a couple of the chapters but fell in love with it none the less. I ordered the DVD series right away at a whopping $80 US plus way to much shipping to discuss in polite company. It arrived on my birthday and I sat down and watched all 5 hours in one shot. Then I invited my girlfriend over a couple of days later and we sat up and watched it again. It is now my birthday tradition to watch the entire 5 hours of this wonderful show. My husband has been a sport some years and sat up with me to watch it. My daughter has watched with me a few times. It is that special thing I look forward to every year. If you have a chance try to watch this classic and definitely read the book. They don't make love stories like that anymore (especially not in shades of neutral colours ;) )

To Make This Card You Will Need:

tiny pink rosebuds
sheer ribbon
white paper doily
5x7 card base
Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet)
Graphic 45 stamp from Mon Amour
Gecko Galz Ephemera, Digital Stamp and Digital Design Paper
Glue or double sided tape


How To:


  1. Ink the edges of your card base using the tattered rose distress ink
  2. Print off your digital paper and trim it to 4 3/4 x 6 3/4
  3. Ink the edges of the design paper
  4. Using a length of ribbon just longer than the paper, adhere it to the lower third of the card and fold over and tape to back of the paper.
  5. Adhere the paper and ribbon to the card base.
  6. Ink the white paper doily and adhere it just to the left of the card centre and slightly closer to the bottom.
  7. Adhere the pocket watch image slightly askew.
  8. Colour your focal image using alcohol markers and then distress the edges with the tattered rose ink. Go back over the very edge of the image with the Victorian velvet to create some shadow.
  9. Adhere the focal image just over the corner of the pocket watch.
  10. Glue on the rosebuds and a bow to finish off the embellishments.
  11. Stamp the sentiment on a piece of cards stock and ink the edges with both colours of distress ink.
  12. Adhere to the bottom right of the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment