Friday 6 December 2013

My Christmas Gift List: Copy Kids







A couple of weeks ago I posted a video clip of this really sweet dvd for kids, Copy-Kids eat fruits and vegetables. I have since had the chance to watch the whole video with my 4 year old son.

He was mesmerized by these cute little folks sitting at the table, being little kids, and eating fruits and vegetables. Anyone of these little ones could have been seated at our table for how real and genuine they were. I thought it was cute of course but I had little faith that it would do as it claims and get kids to try new foods.   Life is just not that easy. 

When the video segment on broccoli was over my son took my by the hand and said "Come on Mom, let's go eat some broccoli." Yah right! That is what he did though. He marched up the stairs, opened the fridge, took at a huge piece of broccoli and started eating away at it.
 I know you won't believe it, so I took out my phone and captured the moment. (sorry for the blurriness, sometimes life happens faster than my phone camera can handle).  

This is a little man that is not easily swayed. I truly wish that this tool was available when I was a foster-parent as I have had many little ones that insisted they would not eat their fruits and veggies.

The suggested age for this video is children aged 6 months to 5 years but my 10 and 11 year old got a kick out of watching the little bumpkins munching out on all the healthy snacks.(Separate viewing as they wanted to see what all the fuss was about that caused little man to want to eat a chunk of raw broccoli..)




Copy-Kids was launched in January 2012 and the  VD features 12 x 7 minute chapters, one for each of twelve fruits & veggies:
  • bell pepper
  • bananas
  • oranges
  • carrots
  • strawberries
  • avocadorasp
  • berries
  • tomatoes
  • apples
  • broccoli
  • cucumber
  • blueberries 


Each chapter features several adorable and entertaining children aged 9 months to 4 years, eating with joy and delight. The DVD includes an on-camera discussion about healthy eating with renowned pediatrician Dr. Jay Gordon, plus a section of delightful outtakes.

If you have a cute little picky eater on your list this Christmas this video is a great stocking stuffer. You will be amazed how well it works. The true gift you will be giving though is a love for eating healthy that they will enjoy their entire life.

To order your copy of Copy-Kids eat fruits and vegetables visit:

http://copy-kids.com/buy-dvd/

No comments:

Post a Comment