Wednesday 4 December 2013

My Christmas Gift List: Just Like Mom


Recently I met a wonderful lady at a craft sale and we were discussing one of the really cute products that a vendor had on display. Several days later when the lady came to pick up her custom order we were talking again about the really cute bows and clips that we had seen at the show. She told me that it is really hard to find handmade clips and bows that don't cost a fortune. Fortunately I just happen to have a friend that can make these hard to find treasures so I am sharing her information so that you can stock up before the Christmas season. How many times have you got your little princess all ready for holiday pictures or worse yet a Christmas party only to find that her hair accessory had gone amiss. Not having another on hand is nearly as bad as remembering how much that little trinket had cost you because it matched her dress so perfectly.

Jordyn did not start off planning to be the designer of hair coutière but rather stumbled upon her talent as most Mommies do, as the need to fix a problem arose.





Hi everyone! My name is Jordyn & after being brought up in beautiful Kingston, Ontario, I decided to spread my wings & fly to Vancouver BC to take up residence. No one, including myself, could have guessed that I would stay there for 10 years! However, after my MANY experiences in "The Big City", I felt the need to return to my wonderful hometown and could not be happier that I did! For, if I hadn't, I never would have rekindled a friendship (to this extent, as we still stayed connected while I was gone) with an old buddy from high school. Over a short period of time, which scared us both a little, that "buddy-ness", quickly turned in to best friends & then soul mates. Neither of us expected it or trusted it at first, but to this day, I don't know what I would do without my Mike! It is to his wonderful, beautiful & caring little Angels that I am now a "Stepmom" to, that I have to thank, but lets face it, they are "mine"! I have my 8 year old Princess Xayli to thank for starting my little home based business, as, due to a severely shattered ankle that I have yet to fully recover from & some voluntary requirements with the kids school, I was unable to practice my profession of being a Pastry Chef & I found my self to be a "Stay At Home Mommy", the best job in the world! It was one morning when my little girl had not a single hair clip to match her outfit that I had made her one....and then 2 and 3 and 4 and well, she now has one for EVERY outfit in her closet! When our friends saw them, they thought they were SO sweet. So then it started! Everyone wanted them! Then, they saw the cakes, cupcakes, pies and everything else that came with living with a Pastry Chef & THOSE requests started coming in as well. Well, my little Dears, seeing this, say "You should have your own company job Mom!" Haha! Like it's that easy! Needless to say, I have worked my hiney off, the best I can & every now & then I get to share my passion with others, the only thing I have ever wanted to do....aside from being an AWESOME Mommy that is!  Visit Jordyn and look at all her lovely creations Just Like Mom


my grandmas teacups christmas gift list


No comments:

Post a Comment